By Rebeca Ruiz / CONECTA
Tec de Monterrey is among the top 30 universities in the world in the disciplines of Marketing and Business, according to the QS by Subject 2023 Ranking.
The institution excelled in a total of 23 areas, including the number of citations generated by scientific articles, the number of survey responses, and the academic programs offered.
The results were given based on the review of more than 16.4 million published articles from Scopus data and 117.8 million citations.
Guillermo Torre, Rector of TecSalud and Vice President of Research highlighted the institution’s commitment to promote a research platform that, in a multidisciplinary way, contributes to solving the great challenges facing our country and humanity in accordance with the 2025 Strategic Plan of the institution.
In addition, Juan Pablo Murra, Tec de Monterrey’s Chancellor of Professional and Postgraduate Studies, said that “through high-impact education and research, community development and the construction of a more just, prosperous, and sustainable society are promoted.”
“These results in the QS Ranking by Subject reflect the commitment and leadership of our professors, researchers, academic leaders, deans, and Tecnológico de Monterrey,” he added.
QS Ranking by Subject 2023
The disciplines in which the institution stood out the most are:
- Marketing (20th place)
- Administration and Business (place 24)
- Computer Science and Information Systems (place 87)
- Accounting and Finance (place 88)
In this new edition of the QS World University Ranking by Subject, 1,594 universities were evaluated.
Disciplines by schools
Tec de Monterrey has one discipline in the top 20, one in the top 30, three in the top 50, and 10 in the top 150 divided into its five Schools.
- Top 20: Marketing
- Top 30: Administration and Business
- Top 100: Accounting and Finance
School of Architecture, Art, and Design
- Top 100: Art and Design
- Top 150: Architecture-Built Environments
School of Engineering and Sciences
- Top 100: Computer Science and Information Systems
- Top 150: Mechanical engineering, aeronautics, and manufacturing
- Top 150: Electrical and electronic engineering
- Top 150: Civil and structural engineering
School of Social Sciences and Government
- Top 150: Economics and Econometrics
- Top 150: Social Policy and Administration
- Top 150: Right
School of Humanities and Education
- Top 150: Education
- Top 150: Modern Languages
- Top 150: Communication and Media Studies
Tec, number one in Mexico
According to the QS by Subject 2023 Ranking, Tec de Monterrey ranks first in Mexico in 7 disciplines:
- Administration and Business
- Accounting and Finance
- Computer Science and Information Systems
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Economics and Econometrics
- Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautics, and Manufacturing
This is how universities are evaluated
This ranking has been carried out since 2011, it is one of those produced by the renowned English evaluator Quacquarelli Symonds Limited.
For this edition, the QS by Subject Ranking evaluated 5 areas of knowledge and 54 disciplines within those areas.
The five areas are: arts and humanities, engineering and technology, sciences and medicine, natural sciences, and social sciences and management.
In addition, the methodology for evaluating the five areas includes five indicators: academic reputation, employer reputation, citations, H-index, and international research network.
Three new disciplines were integrated: art history, data science, and artificial intelligence, as well as marketing.